Wednesday 21 March 2012

DT Project #2 by Minxy : Featuring:

7 Dot Studio Wonderland Collection 
Chocolate Baroque 'The Art of Chess' Stamps
>>><<<
Hi snazzy folks
Here I am back with my second project of the month.
This time I decided to do a scrapbook layout, The wonderland papers scream out to be used in this way so who am I to argue with it.

I started with a a sheet of 'royal garden' wonderland paper,  I then created a checker board with a stencil and black and white adirondack acrylic paint dabbers
Next I got some old playing cards and coated then with gesso and distressed the edges with a paper distresser.
Then I added the photo's to the centres of the king and queen cards, using the ace of hearts for the middle card. 

To carry on the wonderland theme I stamped the 2 largest sets of chess pieces onto kraft card in black archival and cut them out. I placed 2 by the king and 2 by the queen.

To finish I added some of the wonderland stickers and die-cuts, along with some mini playing cards that I also gesso'ed and distressed.
And edged everything with a pastel crayon in a similar colour to the background.


I hope today's layout has inspired you to get out your papers and play today, 
I'm back on friday with my final project of the month to delight your eyes lol
>><<
Till Then Stay Inky

9 comments:

craftimamma said...

Another gorgeous project Nicky. I love the layout and you've managed to pack so many interesting elements in and yet still leave lots of the fabulous paper design on view.

You are right about the papers screaming our for scrapping. Scrapping is something I don't do and yet a layout is what my second project was going to be if I hadn't got ambushed by events. It's nearly finished though so I will share it on my own blog soon.

I love the way you brought the chess pieces into 'play' on your layout, btw!

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Fabulous LO Nicky and I love the idea of putting the photos on to playing cards! Super use of the stamps too!

craftytrog said...

A fantastic, romantic LO! Love it Nicky! xox

Zuzu's Blog said...

I agree.. its a clever idea to use the cards as the backing for the photos.. clever project all round.. nice job inky minxy. x

Neesie said...

That's such a lovely idea...these projects are all new to me.
I've got such a lot to learn.
Thanks for letting me take a peek ;D
Neesie #37 (or I was the last time I looked)

fairyrocks said...

Beautiful LO, so full of wonderful color and details.
Keep smiling and creating

Gillian .... said...

Beautiful rustic feel to this layout, great idea using the playing cards as the background for the photo's. x

Marjie Kemper said...

Stunning! Love these papers... I adore your layout.

Hels Sheridan said...

loving all your projects Minxy, gorgeous as ever x