Wednesday 7 November 2012

DT Project #2 by Minxy Featuring:

Christmas Cottage Collection by Teresa Collins

Hiya snazzy gang, Here I am back again as promised with my second offering.

A great way to show off pretty papers is of course with a scrapbook layout.


I used Snowflakes #CC1004 and the reverse of Tiny Flowers #CC1001 as my base page, Rather then waste all the tiny flower paper that would of been lost behind the snowflake sheet, I cut stripes for the top and bottom and keep the centre piece for another project which i'll be sharing on friday. 
I built up layers beneath my photo using off cuts and scraps, as well as a pretty heart doily {snazzy's sells a really great doily mix pack}

I always plan my pages and get everything where I want it before I stick anything down, I also take a quick pic with my phone so I don't forget the layout when I start moving bits to stick everything down.
My glue of choice is cosmic shimmer glue.


I used lots of the elements from the die-cut sheet that came in the paper pack.
And used the Christmas Cottage acrylic stamps to add words to the string banner. 


I continued to add more of the CC die-cut elements, and some Prima mistable pieces and a Prima wood button till I was happy with the overall look, finishing off with some CC decorative brads
All that's left is for me to add a bit of journalling so I know when and where the photo was taken.

I hope you have enjoyed today's offering
I'll be back on Friday with my last project.
Don't forget to be in with a chance of winning a little prize leave me a comment and then hope along to THIS POST and leave a comment there also.
Till next time..
Stay Inky

13 comments:

Sandi McLean said...

Sweet page! I do adore banners of any type, anywhere!

scrappymo! said...

What a gorgeous layout...I love that banner with the ittle words stamped on it!

craftimamma said...

This is really lovely Minxy. I'm not a scrapper but you make me wish I was. You've managed to bring in a lot of the lovely elements from our DT pack to create a wonderful layout.

Hugs
Lesley Xx

Morti said...

Fab layout, Minxy! Really picks up the feeling of festivities...

snazzyoriginal said...

Love this layout xx

Astrid Maclean said...

Fab lay out Nicky and great use of the elements! Was that your wedding day??? Looks lovely!

Minxy said...

Goodness no Astrid lol i'm not married, It was my partner's sisters wedding.

Shazza said...

what a great page x

Gillian .... said...

Lovely layout Nicky xx

Craftychris said...

Gorgeous layout, I love the banner and the doily. What a fab idea to photograph the layout so you don't forget it, may have to do that with more complicated cards - I have never thought of it - thank you! xx

Words and Pictures said...

So pretty, Nicky - love the papers being shown off by the bunting, and lovely layout!
Alison x

Unknown said...

What gorgeous papers Minxy - I do like Teresa Collins kits although never bought one... I sent her a message once to ask if she had considered releasing them in digital format. I didn't get a reply unfortunately :(

When I make a card with a lot of detail, I take a picture then might change it around a little then another picture. Its so that I can compare them better - so your idea of taking a pic of your LO to remember where you've put things is obviously similar. I wish I'd been doing it longer than I have though... would have saved me a lot of stress! lol.

Really love your project.

Paula x x x

Maryann Laursen said...

I´m not the big scrapbook person, but I can sure see, when it looks awesome, and this sure does.